Waller & Wax Advisors – Tampa, FL
Our company is looking to hire an operations intern to learn and assist in general operations of our practice. This position will support various main office functions including: preparing correspondence, answering phones, monitoring office inventory and ordering supplies, maintaining calendars, and various other assignments as needed. Follows established procedures to perform tasks and receives general guidance and direction to perform other work with substantial variety and varied complexity. Some judgment is required to adapt procedures, processes and techniques to apply to more complex assignments. Resolves routine questions and problems and refers more complex issues to a higher level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Specified projects and varied assignments
- Operates standard office equipment and uses required software applications
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Work with and through others to achieve desired outcomes
- Make prompt, pragmatic choices and act with the client in mind
- Take ownership and hold themselves and others accountable for delivering results that matter
- Contribute to the continuous evolution of the firm
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of a professional office environment.
- Basic concepts, principles and practices of a financial practice
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Operating standard office equipment and using, or have the ability to learn, required software applications.
- Organize and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
- Provide a high level of customer service.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
Any equivalent combination of experience and education.